This Lowden Richard Thompson Signature is build with maestro Richard Thompson’s favorite tonewoods: AAAA Ziricote with AAAA Red Cedar in his favorite Lowden F model. Truly an outstanding sounding and looking guitar!
Volume, tone, sustain, low, high, you name it, she’s got it! Since the early 1990s Richard Thompson has made prominent use of Lowden acoustic guitars for studio and live work. He owns a couple of them and one day George decided it was time to honor his friend with a signature model. His favorite model is the F-model with a fundamental low-end and also endless sparkle in the highs. The figured AAAA quality Ziricote back and sides give this instrument a sensitive and focused sound.
Richard uses the “pick and fingers” technique (sometimes referred to as “hybrid picking”) where he plays bass notes and rhythm with a pick between his first finger and thumb, and adds melody and punctuation by plucking the treble strings with his fingers. He also makes use of different guitar tunings, such as (low to high) CGDGBE, DADGBE, DADGAD, and more. And his Lowden does it all brilliantly! Also, a brilliant strummer! Check out his work and the Lowden of course HERE and HERE. Below you will also find a soundsample of this model by the late Michell Casswell:
- Lowden Limited lifetime warranty.
- Including 21% VAT. VAT can be deducted for buyers outside the Eurozone.
- We ship fully insured worldwide. Check your shipping rate HERE.
- 14 day Return Policy applies.
- Pickup of your guitar for repair, consignment or trade can be arranged.
- All guitars come with a fresh set of strings and a setup to your liking.