This Lowden O38 Special is part of the limited Batch 45 series. A special build of guitars to commemorate the 45th anniversary of the 38 model.
This Lowden O38 Special is based on George Lowden first O38 Brazilian Rosewood – Red Cedar model, built back in 1976 for his friend Alastair Burke. Traditionally, George doesn’t use much shell inlay in his guitars, but with this model he indulged a little. Until now, the 38 model exclusively featured Brazilian Rosewood paired with Red Cedar. In recognition of the importance and longevity of The 38, ‘Batch 45’ was conceived as a tribute to this iconic guitar.
This guitar is the O-sized model build with awesome figured Bubinga and fine-grained Red Cedar. Bubinga is an excellent choice for acoustic guitar backs and sides, thanks to its strong tone. It can really help drive volume and clarity. The sound is so close to Rosewood, that Bubinga well earns its nickname of “African Rosewood”. That overtone structure one hears with Rosewood is equally present in Bubinga. Combined with the Red Cedar top she offers the big Lowden sound and instant and warm response to even the lightest touch. Of course, she features 38-style appointments throughout, including a leaf inlay pattern on the Ebony fingerboard, Abalone soundboard inlays, a Rosewood head plate and Maple bindings. In addition, the unique internal label is individually numbered and hand-signed by George Lowden.
- Lowden Limited lifetime warranty
- 21% VAT included. VAT can be deducted for buyers from outside the Eurozone.
- Free shipping to Benelux countries.
- We ship worldwide. Call or mail for costs.
- 14 day Return policy applies.
- Pickup of your guitar for repair, consignment or trade can be arranged.
- All guitars come with a new set of strings and a setup to your liking.