Awesome Lowden F38 Brazilian Rosewood – Red Cedar based on the original design for George’s good friend Alistair Burke. This Lowden 38 was the ‘best of the best’ of the Lowden range for around 20 years and still is amongst the best of the best!
This Lowden F38 comes with a superb quality of CITES certified reclaimed Brazilian Rosewood and is traditionally paired with the dark Red Cedar top. Though George doesn’t use much shell inlay in his guitars, with this model he indulged a little with the Abalone soundbox inlay and ‘leaf’ inlay on the fretboard.
The F38 is an absolute powerhouse in the Lowden range. This guitar produces a mouthwatering complexity of overtones that make it perfect for fingerstyle, or for flatpicking. Brazilian Rosewood is the King of Tonewood for acoustic guitar backs and sides, thanks to its strong tone and light weight. Her attack is immediate even with the lightest finger touch. With the Brazilian Rosewood back and sides she is also quite responsive to fingerpicking, even with a light touch. Of course, she features 38-style appointments throughout, including a leaf inlay pattern on the Ebony fingerboard, Abalone soundboard inlays, a Rosewood head plate and Maple bindings. Watch this YouTube vid with George Lowden’s comment on the 38. Listen to a sound sample here:
- Lowden Limited lifetime warranty
- 21% VAT included. VAT can be deducted for buyers from outside the Eurozone.
- Free shipping to Benelux countries.
- We ship worldwide. Call or mail for costs.
- 14-day Return policy applies.
- Pickup of your guitar for repair, consignment or trade can be arranged.
- All guitars come with a new set of strings and a setup to your liking.