Awesome Lowden F50 in George Lowden’s favorite wood combination: African Blackwood combined with mastergrade Sinker Redwood plus the figured Tasmanian Blackwood soundbox bevel. Really nice and typical Lowden understated. Absolute tonemachine!
African Blackwood is an outstanding tonewood. It has long been recognized by classical guitar builders as the “holy grail” of tonewoods. With a strong responsive tap tone that surpasses even Brazilian Rosewood, it contributes great volume, power and brilliance to this phenomenal guitar. Because of its structural stability it provides an incredibly strong basis for the any top and provides clarity and sustain. George started using this powerful wood about five years ago and the combination with any top is superb. Combined this wood with Sinker Redwood and you get magical notes all over the fretboard with a superb sustain. Very well-balanced, gentile and responsive
Sinker Redwood is known for its good balance from bass to mids to trebles. Click the YouTube link to hear George Lowden‘s words on this model. The sound of Sinker Redwood is ‘complex’ because of the richness of its overtones. Pluck a string in a quiet room and listen carefully. It is as if a choir shows up and is singing along. It has rich and strong overtones similar to Western Red Cedar and crisper, punchy treble frequencies reminiscent of Spruce. And because of its light weight, this magnificent tonewood is very responsive. Sublime guitar!!
- Lowden Limited lifetime warranty
- 21% VAT included. VAT can be deducted for buyers from outside the European Union.
- Free shipping within the Benelux.
- We ship worldwide. Call or mail for costs.
- 14 day Return policy applies: click HERE
- Pickup of your guitar for repair, consignment or trade can be arranged.
- All guitars come with a new set of strings and a setup to your liking.