This the new kid on the Lowden block: the S35 12-fret! This Lowden S-35 12 fret will introduce you to a whole new world of subtle tone colours and dynamic range. This is one of the very first S35 12-fret models the company has produced and they feature a reworked bracing pattern.
After decades of living in the shades this Lowden S35 12-fret ignites a strong comeback of the 12 frets to the body acoustic guitars. The body shape itself isn’t new, being identical to Lowden’s S-size models. The scale length is the same, too, which is why the bridge had to be back-shifted towards the centre of the lower bout and the bracing needed to be tweaked. In essence Lowden’s long-established A-frame bracing is retained, but there are alterations in the area between the bridge plate and the tailblock. Very comfortable to play. And what a beautiful sounding instrument! Words like sweetness, depth and rounded trebles appear. And an impressive projection and a natural tonal balance that lends itself equally well to strumming and fingerpicking. Without sounding in any way lacking in vibrancy or dynamics, there’s an easygoing softness and warmth to this guitar that draws you right in. George and heis crew hit the mark.
Handmade in the North of Ireland by George’s team of skilled craftsmen from the finest wood sourced from around the globe. This pretty and unique guitar boats an East Indian Rosewood back and sides combined with Adirondack Red Spruce. Need I say more? Some slight geometrical changes have been made to the shape and profile of the guitar in order to relieve tension along the back of the guitar body. These subtle changes in shape, expertly chosen woods and impeccable craftsmanship come together to produce a full, warm sound that will stick with you for quite some time, should you hear it.
- Lowden Limited lifetime warranty
- 21% VAT included. VAT can be deducted for buyers from outside the Eurozone.
- Free shipping within the Netherland and to Belgium, Luxemburg and Germany.
- We ship worldwide. Call or mail for costs.
- 14 day Return policy applies: http://www.diamondguitars.nl/services/shipping-a-shop-policies.html
- Pickup of your guitar for repair, consignment or trade can be arranged.
- All guitars come with a new set of strings and a setup to your liking.