Awesome Lowden F50c in George Lowden‘s favorite wood combination: African Blackwood combined with stunning Sinker Redwood plus the figured Tasmanian Blackwood soundbox bevel. Really nice and typical Lowden understated.
African Blackwood is an outstanding tonewood. It is has long been recognized by classical guitar builders as the “holy grail” of tonewoods. With a strong responsive tap tone that surpasses even Brazilian Rosewood, it contributes great volume, power and brilliance to this phenomenal guitar. Because of its structural stability it provides an incredibly strong basis for the any top and provides clarity and sustain. George started using this powerful wood about three years ago and the combination with any top is superb. Combined this wood with Sinker Redwood and you get magical notes all over the fretboard with a superb sustain. Very well balanced, gentile and responsivee. Sinker Redwood is know for its good balance from bass to mids to trebles. Click the YouTube link fo hear George Lowden’s words on this model.
The sound of Sinker Redwood is ‘complex’ because of the richness of its overtones. Pluck a string in a quiet room and listen carefully. It is as if a choir shows up and is singing along. It has rich and strong overtones similar to Western Red Cedar and crisper, punchy treble frequencies reminiscent of spruce. And because of its light weight, this magnificent tonewood is very responsive. Sublime guitar!!
- Lowden Limited lifetime warranty
- 21% VAT included. VAT can be deducted for buyers from outside the Eurozone.
- Free shipping within the Netherland and to Belgium, Luxemburg and Germany.
- We ship worldwide. Call or mail for costs.
- 14 day Return policy applies.
- Pickup of your guitar for repair, consignment or trade can be arranged.
- All guitars come with a new set of strings and a setup to your liking.