George Lowden made his first F38 Brazilian Rosewood – Red Cedar model back in 1976 for his friend Alastair Burke. Traditionally, George doesn’t use much shell inlay in his guitars, but with this model he indulged a little.
Outstanding Lowden F38 build with CITES certified reclaimed Brazilian Rosewood and Dark Cedar. She is a real eye-catcher, with beautifully figured Brazilian Rosewood and Abalone purfling and the delicate Abalone leaf inlays. This guitar is a cut above the norm in the aesthetic department for Lowden.
The 38 Model is becoming increasingly difficult to get hold of, mostly down to the scarcity of high-quality Brazilian Rosewood. Combined with the sublime Dark Cedar top, she gives you that classic Lowden tone and leaves nothing to add. Well…except…a bevel! This masterfully crafted option lets you play for hours without a problem! Check out the YouTube vid where George Lowden talks about this amazing instrument and Colm McLean plays one similar to our wonderful F38. A sound sample of this beauty guitar is here:
- Lowden Limited lifetime warranty
- 21% VAT included. VAT can be deducted for buyers from outside the Eurozone.
- Free shipping to Benelux countries.
- We ship worldwide. Call or mail for costs.
- 14 day Return policy applies.
- Pickup of your guitar for repair, consignment or trade can be arranged.
- All guitars come with a new set of strings and a setup to your liking.