Beautiful Lowden F35 Koa – Sinker Redwood is build from solid AAAA tonewoods. Awesome figured Koa combined with delicately striped Sinker Redwood delivers an incredibly warm tone and yet the trebles are delicate and clear. Fantastic all round guitar!
This Lowden F35 Koa – Sinker Redwood is an understated beauty. Subtle use of figured and beautiful woods, and above all…their superb tonal definition and separation. AAAA tonewoods used throughout, Abalone and wood rosette, hand mitred purfling joints on sides and back, wood (Ebony/Maple) bound Ebony fingerboard, the superb Gotoh 510 series gold tuners with Ebony knobs.
In this Lowden F35 George uses Hawaiian Koa for the back and sides. Sinker Redwood comes from huge old growth redwood logs reclaimed from the depth of the Californian rivers where they’ve lain in many cases for more than a century. George buys the entire tree and are splits his own top material. The tops typically display a rich spectrum of variegation, the result of colors uniquely imparted from silt and the mineral-rich water. The age and size of these trees translates into a tight grain with nice cross-grain stiffness. This delivers a fairly bold response, with a brilliance complemented by warm overtones similar to cedar.
The Sinker Redwood pairs perfectly with the Koa. From a tonal perspective she delivers enduring sustain and complexity like you’ve never heard.
- Lowden Limited lifetime warranty.
- 21% VAT included. VAT can be deducted for buyers from outside the Eurozone.
- Free shipping to BeNeLux countries.
- We ship fully insured worldwide. Call or mail for costs.
- 14 day Return policy applies
- Pickup of your guitar for repair, consignment or trade can be arranged.
- All guitars come with a new set of strings and a setup to your liking.