George’s favorits tonewoods go into the F23: Californian Walnut combined with Western Red Cedar. These two woods have been his favorite from the beginning of his career. It looks pretty, it works easily, it has a sound all of its own.
The first S guitar George build was for the late Nick Webb of Acoustic Alchemy. Its Walnut back and sides contributed to this all-time favourite. Richard Thompsons first Lowden guitars also had Walnut back and sides.
Red Cedar was the very first soundboard wood George used! Subtle, warm, clear and yet powerful. The F body shape is very comfortable given its medium sized body shape. The neck has an extremely approachable neck profile that will feel good for the majority of hand sizes. On first sight you may feel that the Fan Fret design might inhibit your playing somewhat but…it feels totally natural and…the tonal benefits are just too good to miss out on. So go for the unconventional apprearance and enjoy the broad spectrum of tone and playing posibilities.
- Lowden Limited lifetime warranty
- 21% VAT included. VAT can be deducted for buyers from outside the Eurozone.
- Free shipping within the Netherland and to Belgium, Luxemburg and Germany.
- We ship worldwide. Call or mail for costs.
- 14 day Return policy applies: http://www.diamondguitars.nl/services/shipping-a-shop-policies.html
- Pickup of your guitar for repair, consignment or trade can be arranged.
- All guitars come with a new set of strings and a setup to your liking.